One of six training manuals GIZ commissioned looking at hydropower in the Mekong basin. This training manual deals with the topic of hydropower and economic development.
This training manual looks at the topic of hydropower and economic development in the Lower Mekong Basin. There are six modules in the training manual.
- Introduction to economics and hydropower
- Frameworks and tools for economic assessment of hydropower
- Cost-benefit analysis and hydropower
- Valuation of benefits and costs
- Distribution of benefits and costs
- Mitigation, compensation, benefit sharing and resettlement